With proper humidity levels in your home, you'll have:
- Reduce cold symptoms by making the air you breathe moist, which helps keep your lungs more elastic.
- Reduce susceptibility to infection by keeping the mucus membranes of your throat and nasal passages moist allowing the tiny hairs (cilia) in both to work at expelling foreign objects such as mold, pet dander and bacteria.
- Relieve and prevent dry, scratchy skin and lips.
- Keep valuable wood furniture from drying out, cracking or warping.
- Reduce static electricity, thus reducing the tiny shocks received from touching certain objects and other people.
- Can help prevent wood floors from buckling and separating.
- Reduce nosebleeds, as the air you breathe is moist. Humidifiers are not miracle workers, but they will help you save money on furniture repairs and trips to the doctor.