The convenience of having a warm flickering glow at the flip of a switch (or clicking a remote in many cases!), the fact that there are almost no limits to where you can install one and the multitude of models to choose from make gas fireplaces an obvious choice for many people. Take the chill out of that cool autumn evening or the cold winter night.Weir Bros. Heating and Cooling makes it easy through Snap Financial to install today the gas fireplace you’ve been wanting. There’s no reason to wait. They also service all makes and models of gas fireplaces. Call Weir Bros. Heating and Cooling TODAY!
There are 3 basic types of gas fireplaces.
Direct Vent Gas Fireplaces:
- Direct Vent Gas Fireplaces do not require a chimney and can be vented directly through a wall or roof. The direct vent draws its combustion air from outside while venting to the same outside atmosphere - thereby not consuming warm house air, nor competing with other appliances and furnaces for combustion air. Direct venting also eliminates drafts and heat loss associated with other fireplaces. Direct venting is often used for zero-clearance gas fireplaces.
Free Standing Gas Fireplaces:
- Free Standing Fireplaces styles and finishes range from small hearth mounts which are installed in front of existing fireplaces, to stylish free standing cast iron stoves with enamel finishes.
- These fireplaces can be vented into existing chimneys, through the roof with new venting, or out the wall in direct vent fashion. These fireplaces are extremely useful for heating difficult locations such as basements.
- Free standing natural gas fireplaces can look similar to a traditional wood stove.
Gas Fireplace Insert:
- By virtue of its name, a gas fireplace insert is “inserted” into the wood fireplace cavity, converting the wood fireplace to gas. This fireplace is vented into existing masonry chimneys with a new metal liner and can either be natural draft or direct vent.
Weir Bros. Heating & Cooling Ltd. is a professional heating and cooling company in Windsor, Ontario, providing HVAC services across Tecumseh, Belle River, Windsor, Amherstburg, Harrow, Kingsville, Tilbury, Essex, and Cottam. Call us at (519) 969-1144 for inquiries.